I am trying to configure this blog and learn about how that process works, so I can update my other blog with all my official photography work. Hopefully soon this jumbled page will find rest!
These are the gumpaste roses I made for the Ballerina Bear Cake from the last post. I had intended to make some gumpaste roses for a cake last spring, but made daisies instead. These were a learning experience, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I used a pink rose from my rosebush as a model. Finding inspiration from a real, live, fragrant rose was pretty sweet... I'm glad our rosebush was still in bloom during this project.
I love making flowers with gumpaste more than drawing or painting them... it's easier, faster, and they look more realistic. Can't wait to figure out how to do more.